Followers

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm OVER THE EDGE at Squigglefly this week-Great Challenge!

This week's Squigglefly challenge is called "Over the Edge."  Something on your card must extend over the edge of your card.  That could include your image, and embellishment, or even some lace.  Check out all the wonderful examples below.  We'd love for you to use a Squigglefly image, to be prize eligible it's required, but everyone is welcome to play along.
I used this adorable image called Hungry Dog by James Horvath .  This reminds me so much of OUR dogs waiting around last week when we had a cook-out for my husband's birthday!  He is so cute!  There are a lot of new artists at the Squigglefly shop and James is one with a lot of cute images.  I've extended the card by placing the Grill off the top corner and by making some "smoke vapors" coming off the hot coals that I'm sure are in the grill!  Come on over and play along with Holley's Hobbists as they show you their creations.  Have fun!




12 comments:

  1. Love the way your grill and smoke lie over the edge of your card. Wonderful image, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so adorable! Love this image and how you took it over the edge this week. Great job, Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn I can't say enough about this card - it's wonderful in every way! I love the realistic grass at the bottom. The smoke (aroma) coming off the grill is so fantastic. Just amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That just thrills me that you like it so much! Gave me a chuckle just working on it!

      Delete
  4. Love love love it!!! What a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn, you so totally knocked this challenge out of the park. I love the bbq grill and that fun dog and your scene is just WONDERFUL! If this was at SCS, I would throw it in my favorites. I think it may be my favorite card I have seen you make. Fun! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww Nancy! What a sweet thing for you to say! He certainly was FUN to work with!

      Delete