Followers

Monday, June 24, 2013

The TALL and SHORT of it--new Challenge at Squigglefly!


When I first saw this beautiful digital called Rose Wreath by Pammie Lehto , a new artist at Squigglefly, it just seemed like it should be on a door, like a Welcome to those that enter.  And, I wanted to didn't want to do the traditional colors like red or pink, but sunny yellow!

Well this week at Squigglefly, our challenge is "The Long and Short of it" and the DOOR works very well with the TALL of this challenge!  I made this card tall to fit into a regular letter size envelope, out of burgundy cardstock.  Then used a gray brick embossed card front to simulate a brick building. I hung the wreath with foam dots and then used a matted oval (sort-of like a door mat).  The SHORT part of the challenge are 2 short pieces of chevron ribbon in gray and yellow done with a fishtail cut that stick out of the mat.

So hurry on over to Squigglefly and join in our fun-it's a great way to win a digital image of your choice our of the shop!  There are so many talented artists there you'd be amazed!  See you there!


















6 comments:

  1. This is sooo great. I love your door and the wreath is perfect for us. You are very creative my friend. Great challenge card. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are creative indeed Carolyn! I was wondering if the door is a digi or what did you do to achieve it??? Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Carolyn! I love the pretty wreath, and what a great idea to cut it out and hang it on a door. Makes such a nice "new home" card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn,
    How very pretty and so welcoming to someone moving into a new home! Wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry I am late commenting on this Carolyn - I thought I had already been to visit. This is so great - so realistic and so well done. I love the wreath on the door and your door is perfect. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love how you put the wreath on the door, a great way to show it off.

    ReplyDelete