Followers

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Shadow Box Graduation Present~Cheryl Alger's Challenge Show Me #121

 I love paper-crafting of all types and my creative ideas were s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to the max this week and the pressure was on.  A friend at work wanted me to make a memory shadow box for her daughter's boyfriends' graduation...well, gulp, I said I would do my best-Years ago I'd made some for my own kids.




When I make my cards, I just do what I like without any worries..the "fear" was that on a customized request it had to be very specific-Yikes!!  On her own, she went to HL and gathered things that depicted stickers, miniatures, embellishments that he knew showed off his interests.  We had Sports (f'ball & basketball), Music (plays guitar and is in a bank), very smart, and in the Drama Club.  I added my papers, chipboard, and hot glue and we were on our way.

Their school colors were orange & black, mascot the Tigers so the background paper is a very bold O&B striped Tiger paper.  I know, I know you don't see it right there in your face--that's good because I'd hate to think that that was all you saw! It's a great "base" for everything else that's going on.  I used styrofoam blocks cut down to fit hot glued on to the mounting board and covered them with some denim DP and some music paper that I had on hand.  The drama masks were from the internet and add some depth to the box (about 3" deep) because nothing is on the shelf behind them.  Some fancy cutting on these great pictures that the friend supplied and adding the distressed guitar and there we are.  An original gift made just for him and a friend who has a grin stretching from ear to ear.  I loved being able to use my supplies and crafting abilities to make this one-of-a-kind gift for them.
I believe that I will enter this gift in this Challenge:
Cheryl Alger's Show Me Thursday
She just likes to see what we're up to during the week and it's worth one of her amazing digitals if you win!




2 comments:

  1. I love your 'do what I like w/o any worries'. . .that's the way it should be. This is a lovely shadow box.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sassy Cheryl's SMThursday fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I would have loved to have seen his face when he opened this amazing gift. This is the kind of gift that anyone would treasure, because it is a one of a kind. You did an absolutely amazing job, and I totally get creating for someone else as opposed to doing it for yourself to give.

    ReplyDelete