Followers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Squiggle Fly Paper PIERCING Challenge--See the POINT? WINNER!!!


The creative juices must be flowing today~watching the Olympics and cranking out cards!
On Squiggly this week they have asked us to make a card using PAPER PIERCING, where you're actually making holes through your card.  Of course, in order to win their challenge, you must use a SF image-they have so many to choose from and some veteran artists as well as some Very Interesting newcomers-check them out here when you get a chance!  The Fan image that I'm using was part of a Valentine set called My Punny Valentine 4 by Lynn Stransbery with multiple images and sentiments!




A while back I learned a trick with PP that is an easy way to process designs~ you take the thread out of your sewing machine and, using a fairly large needle, create your design.  This card that I made today was one of my favorites today-made with swapped papers from my stash, mounted on cream and loden green textured card stock, image colored with copics, I creased the front page so that it would bend and then, placing a matching paper underneath, I mounted 3 blue dome topped eyelets on the top.  It just flips up for the inside notations.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving some Luv behind!  Come back soon to visit please!  Carolyn

12 comments:

  1. That's just SO clever. I love it, it's the perfect card for paper piercing too with a funny saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic piercing! I LOVE the creative way you used it to make the wind from the fan! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Great image and piercing and I love the fun sentiment. So pleased you shared with us on the Squigglefly challenge.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn - this is fabulous! What a great idea to use the piercing for the breeze and that sentiment is just perfect! Super fun card! Thanks for playing along at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card and super creative way of using paper piercing for the fan's breeze! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love your card - awesome and unique (and fun) piercing - made me smile. Adorable card. Thanks so much for joining us at Squigglefly's challenge this week - and we hope to see you again very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I am so jelous! I actually said on my blog that I have never used a sewing machine on a card and every time I see anything that has been done with a sweing machine I always love it. Your card is no exception. You have been so creative and so clever in the way you have used your machine, I really wish I could do the same. You chose the perfect image for the wavy lines and I love how you have gone for the non-traditional fold too, it looks realy fresh and modern, a great card and so glad you decided to join us at Squigglefly this week, please come back again soon for another chance of winning and showing us your talent.
    Andy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic!! I love your sewed piercing..it looks amazing. Gorgeous colors and the puns are always my favorite!! Super adorable card. :)

    Thank you so much for joining our challenge and sharing your wonderful talent with us at Squigglefly.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute care, I love how you did your piercing with the sewing machine. Thanks for joining us for our challenge over at Squigglefly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super creative Carolyn - the ladies beat me to the exact words I wanted to use1 Luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great! I love the piercing that looks like it is wind from the fan - sooooo creative!

    ReplyDelete